Dr. Aebersold’s professional and academic career is focused on advancing the science of learning applied in simulation to align clinician and student practice behaviors with research evidence to improve learner and health outcomes. She focuses her scholarship in both high fidelity and virtual reality simulation and is a national leader and expert in simulation. Her scholarship has culminated in developing the Simulation Model to Improve Learner and Health Outcomes (SMILHO).
XRSI’s Medical XR Adviser, Michelle Aebersold is a Clinical Professor at the University of Michigan School of Nursing and Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Michigan School of Information. Currently, Dr. Aebersold is involved with various research projects including:
- MOSST Chemotherapy Safety
- We Heart VR
- Augmented Reality to Improve Stroke Care
- Improving Nursing Students’ Resilience to Bullying Behavior
- IMPACTS – Improving Pediatric Acute Care through Simulation Training
- Closing the loop: new data tools for measuring the change in the quality of nursing education and the value of new approaches to instruction (PI) University of Michigan School of Nursing.
Her interests include:
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
- Serious games
- Innovative education methods
- Patient safety